Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My affair with ...

It was a regular day, I came home from school and saw it in the living room, Mom and aunt were talking business, I held it in my hands and clicked ... ofcourse the prints will come out later but I was fascinated, I could take pictures- at home, in color!
I was 13 and it was a Minolta.

Needless to say we were inseparable till 10th grade when my mom put it away thinking I would never pass boards if that "thing" remained in my hands forever.
It still sits in my mom's cabinet locked away in its timeless glory. Maybe someday I will be able to convince her to part with The treasure :-)

Last month, to rekindle an old affair I bought a DSLR and what a romance it has been!
In the hands of a 13 year old it was a toy but now it is a learning, a fascination, an obsession! I am getting carried away...

The heady feeling of recording a memory as you saw it - and then some! Of creating poetry with a picture, a thousand pixels worth much more than a thousand words. The artist in me calls ...
I dont even qualify as an amateur photographer and my image editing skills are at a big 0 ...
Maybe someday ... :-)



No comments: