Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Macro with Kenko


reflections, originally uploaded by abhishikhaa.

The kenko extension tubes arrived and so did the rain.
I was getting impatient to test them and rain did not show any signs of stopping.
Took a 10 min slowdown in the rainfall to comb through my backyard for possiblities....
When I found this one, I knew I had to atleast try before it starts pouring heavily again. (Waiting for later would have meant no light for a good shot.)

Setup required was -
D300s, 50mm f/1.8 lens, kenko 36mm extension tube (aperture priority f/8),
manfrotto tripod with 488rc4 ball head
and
"An umbrella!!!"

Had to setup the tripod way down and real close since the lens needed to be within 2 inches of this bud -all the while shielding camera with an umbrella. Took only two exposures before the rain was coming down heavily and I had to run back inside.

I am glad I took the chance :-)

3 comments:

Sandesh said...

wow this is really cool abhi

abhishikhaa said...

Thanks Sandesh. Hey your Macro lens is a 105mm or 150 or 180?

Sandesh said...

don't have a macro abhi , wish for the 105