Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

A Picture a Day for 365 - Day 1


Ganeshji, originally uploaded by abhishikhaa.

This idea has been building inside me for quite some time, actually since I got the camera in my hands and have been trying to get better at photography. Then I read about so many people successfully doing it online and that gave my confidence levels a big boost.

Everyday I go about rushing to work, to pick up my daughter, to the grocery store or just rushing home in time to get the dinner ready!
While I am driving around like crazy from point A to point B/C/D and so on, I see so many photo opportunities, a voice in my heart says "Stop and take this shot now!" and even though I have my camera in the bag and my tripod in the car the logical voice in my head says -- "You are running Late! Step on it and come back here when you have some more time."

Hence this project is for me to stop at atleast one such place, take a breath and take a picture.
What I hope to get out of this?
The smug look I get when I do something really creative! and hopefuly this will make me a better photographer somewhere down the road.

Here is my plan :-
start with Understanding exposure, find the photographic opportunities listed in the pages along my daily route (sometimes off route) and click :-)
Then find all the good books on photographic techniques, lighting, color effects and generes of photography etc etc etc and work my way through them for 365 days ... whew!

Here is my first shot for the project, This one is simple really, a shot of Ganapati Bappa to make this project of mine a Success !

Shot @ f/5.6 (set the shutter speed till light meter showed correct exposure)
Manual blend of a sepia and normal image using GIMP (http://www.gimp.org)

1 comment:

Sudhi said...

Way to go Abhi! Its very interesting and you'll be surprised at how much your skills will improve by doing it. Wish you all the very best for your 365 project.