Pages

Friday, January 01, 2010

My Hobbies

Recently I was asked - what is my hobby...?
That made me pause and think. Somewhere between being a daughter, a daughter-in-law, a wife and a mother, I forgot to take "ME" time.

Dont get me wrong, I love my family and love to spend time with them, but I also am a firm believer in Me time, everyone needs that time to pursue their own interests.
We need to recharge our batteries to be able to keep the vehicle of life and family running ....

As some people may know I have taken up photography to keep me motivated. But that is my "current" hobby.

So coming back to the question, I was thinking what is my hobby REALLY??

Its a Short Life! There are so many things to do and so many people to meet in world, but so little time!
It should not be wasted on a single pursuit.
This time should be guarded like treasured jewel!

Travel- Getting there is half the fun and the other half of the fun means going even further once I'm there. I am a nomad, a gypsy at heart!
Adventure sports- Tried some, would love to try the rest of em.
I can never pass up a good book. As soon as I know about it, I would find a way to read it.
I love to dance and sing and write poetry as a expression of myself.
I love to go on an horsebackride...wind blowing through my hair - Something which I havent done for a long time.
I look to the clouds and the universe that contains so many magical secrets crying out for exploration. All things mystical intrigue me.
I am always on a high when I get close to nature but that doesnt mean that I do not enjoy the company of a sound mind. I get inspired by the intricacies of nature and the human minds ability to interpret in so many different ways ....

Mystery excites me, Challenge entices me, Beauty inspires me, Mind propels me and pursuit of those is my hobby.

1 comment:

Sandesh said...

Checkout http://www.43things.com/